Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day of the Ride

Not "the ride" but a ride to simulate a day on the ride. 465 Riders, 81 miles, it was a ride from Golden Gate Park to the Petaluma Cheese Factory and back.

We start out in a big group, with the riders being released about 20 at a time, and then we ride through the park, down Arguello through town then through the Presido where we then cross over the Golden Gate bridge, then it is our usual down through Sausalito, over Camino Alto, up White's Hill and then right to go up to Nicasio, and then another right to go up the hill to the Cheese factory.

We have Lunch there and then we turn around and ride back down the hill, go around the reservoir and then take Sir Francis Drake back to Fairfax, going over White's hill one more time

Stop for a minute then head on back over Camino Alto, and then down through Sasualito again and then up that hill to the bridge.

I only took 1 picture that wasn't of friends, this was going out through the Presidio at the top of a small hill.



Alcatraz, and the Dome of the Palace of Fine Arts...

It was a nice ride, I didn't have any cramps, however I didn't really push myself, still it was nice not to have any, gives me hope for the long ride, just 1 month away

However, after getting done with the ride, I ate something that night that gave me food poisoning and I have been sick ever since.

I'm much better now, but still trying to watch what I eat, normally I have a cast iron stomach, and can eat anything.

No comments: