Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have nothing to say

Nothing on my mind right now, no words to share.

So I think I will post some pictures from the ride.

- But FIRST a video from last year - highlighting events from the ride

A video from ALC 6, which was last years ride

-
Some pictures form this year's ride

a picture from inside the Cow Palace - Opening ceremonies - in the corner of the picture is a cycling helmet with Wonder Woman on it, My Friend Emily's helmet


A partial shot of our sleeping quarters - Tent City


Our luggage trucks - every morning we load our luggage and our tents back in the trucks, and then we unload them at the end of the day in our new location and put our tents back up.


SUPERFRIENDS - we all have action figures on the tops of our cycling helmets - here we are unmasked
I was Green Lantern - it did not match my bike


My Friend Beau - His action figure is Animal Man - he had to have a Super Hero that matched his bike


My Friend John - His action figure is Superman - and his Superman matches his bike too, which is black & red


the ever present porta-potties - what funny is when you first use them you feel funny because you don't flush them - but when you get home you have to remember your not using a porta-potty anymore.


here am I standing in front of the Rock of Morro Bay - I had to stop just for a picture to send my friend KIM


this was RestStop4 the 4th and Final Rest Stop of each day - they go over the top to present new themes - that entertain and delight us.


the First Rest stop of RED DRESS DAY - it starts out, of course when people leave their tents in the morning and then we laugh all the day long...


Me in my Red Dress - I bought it at Ross two years ago, last year I wore red arm warmers and gloves but this year I thought I'd dress it up a bit, with white gloves, arm-warmers and pearls - I threw it away when I was done with it this year.


My Friend Luis and I, He had a red tutto on, which you can not see in this shot


And some others go all out - do themes with their friends - I think these are the St Pauli Girls


and sometimes action figures and movie characters come to life - Meet the Incredibles


Some people surprise other friends with recognition of their incredible feats - here they are recognizing and congratulating David Duncan for his tenth ride - that is my head sticking out


The Incredible Rest Stop 4 again - this is our version of Studio 54 - notice Andy Warhol on the Left


And well - here is an example of how well we can read after seven days on the bike

-
and now another video from last year

and then a video from a roadies point of view

No comments: