Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I had a dream

I have dreams all the time actually, Cowboy is always ready to hear what my dream are about because they are interesting. (IMHO)

Last night’s dream was about me playing in an orchestra, I played the violin. I wasn’t first chair, nor even second chair though I can play quite well. (even in real life)

You see, in my dream, I didn’t play up to my full potential because I had a physical disability that prevented me from playing more than 1 hour a day without tremendous pain. So I only played mediocre.

But in my dream, someone accused me of paying the music wrong, so I pointed out (to them) that the first chair, had changed my music and that I had played it exactly like I was instructed. After the drama had died down, I decided that I was going to bring in my good violin and play for them to the best of my ability

So the next day I brought in my Stradivarius, and I played for them, and they wept, for my playing was that good.

End of dream

This morning’s mediation was about, “that if we are focused on what we might win rather than winning” we never can win. ((or something like that))

And it made me think - how many times, do we give up because we can’t win – how many times do we not try because we think we can’t be the best?

Is not the goal to enjoy the moment? To enjoy the striving? The challenge? And how can we ever get better or be the best unless we strive against the best?

No comments: